The link below is to the stephenvillelights.com website where it can be seen…. the ones on you tube could be taken down anytime, therefore i have not linked to these for this reason (for now).
The video can be found at
I have tried to collect as much information on this video from the internet, as well as some of my own theories, to try to get to the reality of what we are seeing.
I was also going to show, + see for myself, the Dorothy Izzatt case (which was on video), where it is mentioned that the sighting was similar too; unfortunately, it has been removed due to copyright claim by outside the box Productions,LLC.
The video debate centres around these main points:
A laser projection?
Shake and/or vibration from the camera
- Are we looking at the night sky?
long exposure of the video camera
It was Canis Majoris/Sirius
So what about the first point…..
1. could it have been a laser projection that they captured….. it has been debated that laser shows,ect only have one colour to them; however, this is not the case any more.
These 3 are just some of many examples of what is now available, even some that can quite easily write onto large buildings. Some are more professionally made than this.
However, at this distance there would need to be some serious equipement used…no ordinary laser pen is going to be able to project the image this far, and it needs a backdrop to be able to work …even a smoky or misty night would do it, although i’m pretty sure it was neither the nights in question(although i am aware that a backdrop might not be needed ; something that ionises the air-this might not be real though).
Are there/were there any Raves around at the time of the event? could be another source. Could be the military, but to what purpose.
2. shake/vibration from the camera; david claimed that the camera was ‘quite still’, but from experience, i know this to be very differcult to achieve in reality…. sure he could have propped himself up on a wall, tree, and so on, but just from breathing, this can cause shaking….ah, just found out he propped himself up on a post on his porch.
On a digital camera, to take a good shot without a tripod, you try to anchor/prop yourself on something, and just before you take the shot, you either breath in or out.. to get maximum quality; on a camcorder this is made more problematic.
Could the shaking/vibration have caused this effect- especially if close on the subject, as the slightest movement has much more of an impact when zooming into an object at night. Also, he was using a JVC (that is the type used) effect, night vision feature (night alive). Could this have changed the image?
3. Are we looking at the night sky; what i’m saying is, i cannot see any suggestion that we are looking into the night sky at all; for all i know it could be a tv screen? basically, there are no reference points?
4. Long exposure of the video camera; it could be a series of pictures of a light source, using a long exposure ….. the effects of this can be similar to what we see….
5. That it was Canis Majoris/Sirius that was seen and what was on the video.
Have a look at these 2 videos on youtube
as you can see similar results have been achieved with this video from shooting/focusing on sirius.
I must make this clear, i am not trying to debunk this video, but to show that there are problems with this video…… also for proper analysis, the original video needs to be looked at in detail (ie the frame rates,ect).
If it was sirius, i think that he was honestly mistaken, and i am not claiming that he hoaxed this at all.
I have to be honest, and say i am not sure what all this means? I have definately not taken the symbols idea as being a true message, because for instance, how do we know it was written the right way (could be back to front), and other difficult questions/issues.
Again, i say we need to analysis all data, so that we can go forward with the UFO subject… if we do not do that then we will not get anywhere.
I will be adding to this debate as time goes on, if there are any ideas out there, or possibly those that enter my mind (mmmmm…).
As far as i stand, the Stephenville UFO sightings in this area, still need much more analysis, as something is going on…
Other sources of relevance/interest :
Stanton Friedman guest on Scooter McGee show PT2 (on 29th feb,2008)